The Book of Shadows is primarily a witch's diary. It is where he or she records spells, recipes and thoughts and dreams, it is in essence ones very own, unique, personalized and sacred grimoire, an ever evolving, encyclopedia, how-to guide, recipe book and personal journal.
In families of Hereditary traditions, The Book of Shadows may be passed down through generations and contain messages of wisdom, family traditions, age old spells & Old Wives Tales, among the rest of its contents.
Some covens or circles have a Book of Shadows the whole group shares, unlike the individual versions, the Coven's Book Of Shadows generally focuses more on outlining the core beliefs, ethics, ritual practice and initiatory records than the personal evolution ones own private Book contains.
For more information see: How to Create Your Own Book of Shadows
This is Witchipedia's online Book of Shadows serving as a reference for all of our visitors. You are welcome to contribute if you feel you have something that would be helpful to add here.
Book Of Shadows
- Correspondence By Intent P1 A-D
- Correspondence By Intent P2 (E-H)
- Correspondence By Intent P3 (I-O)
- Correspondence By Intent P4 (P-T)
- Correspondence By Intent P5 (U-Z)
- Days Of The Week Correspondences
- Fragrance Correspondences
- Herb Keyword Correspondences
- Planetary Correspondences
- Table of Color Correspondences
- Tarot Herbal And Crystal Correspondences
- Western Elemental Correspondences
- Zodiac Correspondences
- Crystal Lore
- Herbal Lore
- Magickal Substitutions
- Pagan Lore
- Sabbaths, Feast Days and Pagan Holidays
- Spell Timing
- The Magick of Colors
- Tools of Magick
The Internet Book of Shadows on Sacred Texts.com
How can we improve this section?