Welcome to the Witchipedia's "Ask the Witches" section. Here you will find a number of questions that have been asked by many people regarding magick, witchcraft, the occult and Pagan and Heathen religions. If you have an answer to their questions, you are encouraged to share it by clicking first on the question's link, and then after reading the entire question, scroll to the bottom and click on the "add a comment" link to provide your answer.
Please ask your question by entering it into the box below and clicking "Ask this question". Keep it brief, you will be able to add more details in a moment. Your question will then be put to the community!
Don't be shy. Chances are, someone else is wondering the same thing.
Here's a few suggestions for the best experience for all.
- Please keep your questions on topic. (The topic is witchcraft and magick.)
- Please do not ask questions along the lines of "Is there a spell for this?" The answer is yes; there is a spell for just about every purpose. (Note: You can contact Dawn directly for help with this.)
- Please do not ask overly personal questions or include the real names of other people in your questions. These will be deleted without further consideration. If your question is personal, you may wish to contact Dawn directly.
- This is not the free psychic network. Please do not ask for predictions or readings. Questions of this nature will be deleted.
- Please search keywords related to your topic on the Witchipedia (search is in the upper right hand corner), peruse our glossary and look through other questions on this page before asking your question. It may have already been answered.
- This is not the classified section. We don't have a classified section. I suggest http://www.witchvox.com . If you are looking to connect with folks, that's the place to go.
- Please restrict your punctuation to the grammatically required minimum. The number of exclamation points and question marks you can manage to fit into a title or paragraph is not proportional to the speed or accuracy of our response.
If you require personal assistance, you may speak with Dawn Black directly, subject to her availability and a small fee for her time.
After a spell, I usually have a candle stub, or at least a pile of wax, some bits of paper, herbs, stones, ashes, etc. Is there a "proper" way to dispose of these things?
What signifigance, if any, do drugs like marijuana and poppies and such have in accordance to magic
When I first meditated a white witch came to me and told me I am a yellow witch. What does this mean?
I'm kind of new to witchcraft. When I first meditated at my alter I had made, the meditation didn't last long. In my meditative state, I walked out the front door,(a cat was following me and at the time I didn't have one), into a forest. After a few steps I saw a white ball of light that transformed into a witch. She introduced herself as a white witch. She said "you are a yellow witch and your wand needs to be magnolia wood" and just as fast as she came to me she left. I've searched and searched for more information and even reached out to a few Wiccan friends and they as well have no clue. Please help me I feel stuck in a rut for the past year trying to figure this out! Blessed Be.
When I make my own tarts, where's the best site to go to, to be able to find out what herbs are used for which properties/spells
I need a truthful, and, honest site which tells me what the magical properties of each he4b is, please.
I have heard that it should be done at night, but this isn't always convenient. Is this really the case?
When lighting a candle to set intentions for something or someone must it burn for days or can I extinguish it nightly?
I never been great on love seems like they cheat or hit me sometimes i wonder if i am cursed
I have a decent understanding of the elements and their correspondences, I also have a basic understanding of elementals, but I can't find more advanced study materials that go into more detail about them. I don't have the option to buy anything or pay for classes, so sources of free information would help immensely. Thank you for your time.
I am crafty and I like to knit, embroider and sew things for my Pagan and Wiccan friends, particularly for weddings and new babies. But where can I find good patterns and diagrams that don't look like cartoon Halloween stuff?
I am interested in learning more.
it is an old symbol but i am interested in its origin…
i see a pentagram that seams like its on fire when i close my eyes what does this mean?
How can we improve this section?